A washer is one of the indispensable household appliances for many modern homes. A washer provides an efficient and effective way to clean loads of laundry including clothing and home textiles. Washers feature cutting-edge technology, implement sleek designs and are available in a wide array of colors. Washers not only make your clothes look the best but also make your home look brilliant. What if nothing happens when you load a pile of dirty clothes and hit the ON button? Yes, it can be irritating, annoying and inconvenient when a washer stops working all of a sudden. Do not panic when this piece of household equipment that you could always count on is on the fritz. Relax and see if you can tackle the problem for yourself or call for a reliable and dependable repairman.
Washer repair tips:
It is always best to opt to the trained technicians or authorized dealers to repair costly home appliances like washers. Attempting to fix a defective washer yourself can be highly time-consuming in nature and also dangerous. However some minor trouble shooting issues can be fixed by anyone provided they adhere to the safety rules. The following is a list of washer repair tips that are same for trained technicians or untrained home owners.
- If the washer does not work at all make sure that it is plugged in and turned on. Also check the power outlet by plugging in some other device. A defective lid switch can also cause the washer to fail. If the problem is due to a defective lid switch it can be easily replaced.
- Make sure that the water supply valve is turned on and the washer is getting water needed for washing.
- Make sure that the door lid is unobstructed and facilitates free opening and closing. Also ensure that you strictly follow the recommended loading and operating procedures.
- If the washer fills and drains at the same time check the drain hose. Make sure to check the drain hose or the water pump as they may be clogged. If there is a problem in the water pump it can be easily replaced.
- If you washer does not drain at all it can be a problem caused by bad lid switch assembly. In that case also you can opt for a replacement.
- However if the lid switch is in a top-notch working condition check is something has clogged the drain hose or the drain pump. If the water pump belt is broken or shows excessive wear opt for a replacement.
- If the water pump belt is perfect and the washer is still not draining it is crucial to check the drive belt. A loose or broken washer drive belt can also result in improper draining. Make sure to replace the belt if the issue persists.
- If the washer is not draining but everything else is functioning make sure to check the coin trap and remove objects that are blocking the trap.
If your washer is not working make sure to consult a licensed service company before attempting to undertake any repair work. If it is a simple trouble shooting issue you can attempt to fix it on your own. However, if the problem goes deeper than that then you should opt for professional assistance to repair it.